Sweet 16 Wee Heavy | Huntington Beach Beer Company

Awaiting More Ratings

Huntington Beach Beer Company
hbbeerco.com

Style: Scotch Ale / Wee Heavy

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by Halcyondays on 09-27-2008

2.28/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at the HBBC,

A: Pours a dark crimson red with a small white head, some lacing into a pint glass.

S: Interesting smell that I didn't expect out of this style, lots of berry, some malt.

T: Sweet as hell. This is probably the sweetest beer I have ever had, I would wonder if they put any hops in it. Man, it's sweet. Tons of residual sugar with none of the peat smoke I like in this style, no light hopping to back it up.

M: Cloying sweet, though a very light carbonation character gives it some drinkablity.

D: Just not a good beer, just too damn sweet. I don't like it when a beer is a chore to drink, and this one is.

Sweet 16 Wee Heavy from Huntington Beach Beer Company