Second Edition IPA | People's Brewing Company

People's Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
peoplesbrew.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by mynie on 02-27-2010

3.31/5  rDev -8.3%

great to see another local brew co sprout up in lafayette. a lot of local businesses supporting it as well. i had this beer on tap at lafayette theatre, the black sparrow, boiler market, and reviewed it at the club house. pours extremely lively. it actually took the bartender a while to get me the pitcher because of the amount of fluffy white on top. looks basic. dark yellow/straw. smell is very faint, mostly piney hops and light english malt. the taste is a bit watery for me but the flavors are all solid. bitter and creamy dominated by pine hops and high carbonation. this beer isn't as bold as i prefer my IPA's but give it a try if you see it. i could and have drank a bunch.

3.15/5  rDev -12.7%

I heard a lot of good news about this brew from a buddy so I thought I would give it a whirl. I have never been an LBC fan and was really excited to see a new brewer in town (even though he's not too new in town). It was just a bit light and watery for me. If it were a pale ale perhaps I would have scored it a bit higher but all the notes were light. It wasn't a terrible brew or anything close but it was just average for me. I am still excited to see the micro culture growing in west lafayette/lafayette and will aim to try every brew from peoples brew co. Support your local brewery. Plus, It's their 50 Batches, great beer takes time.

4.37/5  rDev +21.1%

It's available right now, and so is the first edition. I don't know if they're gonna keep brewing new editions or if they'll eventually settle on one or the other or whatever.

Pours good. Variegated, overall red. Kinda dark for the style and topped with a large, white head that dissipates quickly.

Smells strong. West coast hops and English malt. Citrus, lots of green. Pine. The malt is rounded, buttery and sweet.

Tastes as it smells. Which is to say, delicious. Maybe not as XTreme as some IPAs, and the hop profile is maybe not quite lively enough to warrant a 5.0, but this is exceptionally balanced and the combo between styles is plenty interesting.

Second Edition IPA from People's Brewing Company