People's Porter | People's Brewing Company

People's Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
peoplesbrew.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by salvo on 07-30-2010

4.75/5  rDev +63.2%

3.5/5  rDev +20.3%

2.75/5  rDev -5.5%

2.5/5  rDev -14.1%

2.84/5  rDev -2.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Full-bodied creamy tan head atop coffee-brown nearly opaque liquid. Nose is burnt marshmallow with hints of coffee and ash. Taste is bitter; strong, and assertive, appropriate to the style. Mouthfeel is big and full-bodied. Porter drinkers will likely respond more positively.

Porters are not my favorite style, so I'm happy to be an outlier in my review of this particular beer. See my profile for more about my tendency to get headaches from dark roasted malts in porters and some stouts. This is a headache beer for me.

People's Porter from People's Brewing Company