Mighty Maris | People's Brewing Company

People's Brewing Company
Indiana, United States
peoplesbrew.com

Style: American Barleywine

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by neckbracesub on 03-28-2013

4.5/5  rDev +2.5%

4.63/5  rDev +5.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Caught this beer as they were just putting it on tap at Peoples.

My first impression of this beer is that it reminds me somewhat of a Belgian dark strong with its deep color, sweet aroma, and potent taste.

Poured a dark amber with a nice medium caramel colored head. Smelled sweet and along the lines of a dark Belgian. Mouthfeel was great, giving a solid and heavy body with a clean finish. Taste was rather abrasive at first, strong alcohol and roasted malts start it out but soon disappear into a sweet brew with with what resembles a fig/plum flavor.

I have not had many barlywine style beers in my time but this brew is very solid and fits exactly what I expect out of this style.

4.48/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Experience fresh off the tap at the wonderful Twenty Tap in Indianapolis.

Big, full-bodied Barley Wine style ale, and one of the very few of its kind to not leave me feeling a bit disappointed at the biting aftertaste...which this does not possess.

A very smooth, drinkable beer and another great addition from People's, one of Indiana's finest breweries.

I'M DEFINITELY A PEOPLE'S PERSON!!!

Mighty Maris from People's Brewing Company