HBC366 Sucks | Lagunitas Brewing Company

4.25 w/ 8 ratings

Lagunitas Brewing Company
lagunitas.com

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by elNopalero on 04-19-2013

Liked:
4.25/5
Alströms:

4.24/5  rDev -0.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.5/5  rDev +5.9%

3.99/5  rDev -6.1%

Served in a mason jar at the brewery.

Hazy honey-gold with light head and good lacing. Smells like weed and pine resin. Fragrant. I like it. Pretty much what I smelled, with a splash of lemon peel. The aforementioned smells are the dominant flavors. That's my jam.

4.27/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Not a bill awaiting passage, this is a version of Lagunitas Sucks brewed with experimental hop HBC 366. I am not sure if it should be reviewed as its own beer or under an existing category, however I’ve opted to enter it in its own classification.

This beer pours an orange-tinged straw color with some foaming. The aroma is dominated by a grassy-straw character contrasted with what I can best describe as a strong cat pee presence. The flavor has a bit of toasted straw, a slight chew to its body, a well rounded bitterness—and more of the cat pee notes.

I’ve heard the ‘regular’ Sucks is a cat pee bomb but I honestly don’t get that when drinking it. This, on the other hand, is overly ‘catty.’

HBC366 Sucks from Lagunitas Brewing Company