Welcome to BeerAdvocate!

Looking to talk, rate or trade beer? Join today by creating your free account.

Love Belgian Beer?

Added by msubulldog25 on 03-27-2010

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by cbarrett4:
2.28/5  rDev n/a

Okay, I respect the hell out of these guys for what they are doing. But for a 'honey red ale'... this lands way off the mark.

A - normal reddish copper hue, average head

S - some fruit poking out, but dominated by an overall smoky quality (which I like in my wine... not so in my beer)

T - tastes of an old re-lit cigar... not really any other way to describe it, though there is a little malt coming through, no real sweetness at all

M - good texture but marred by the overall astringency

D - I couldn't finish it... I actually had two sips and tossed the rest.

Again, I am just being fair here; I am not bashing anybody. Like I said, I love these guys, I love what they do, but this brew just tasted 'off' and the overall smoky quality marred what could have been a subtle and rewarding beverage.

Destinatian Honey Red Ale from Natian Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.