On The Border Porter | Mother Earth Brew Co.

3.38/5
1 Rating

Mother Earth Brew Co.
motherearthbrewco.com

Style: Baltic Porter

Added by Retsinis on 04-08-2011

3.38/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

This beer was fairly limited, and pints only (no tasters) but they were nice enough to split a pint into the two tasters glasses my wife and I already had.

A: The beer pours a cloudy light brown, with a off-white colored head that rose about over an inch, quickly settled, leaving some lace.

S: Notes of roasted malts, dark fruits, light coffee, and light hops. A bit lighter than I was expecting.

T: Nice blend of roasted malts, some black cherry, bitter coffee, hops. Alcohol comes through a bit much though.

M: Medium bodied, a little dry and sticky. Good carbonation for the style.

O: A fairly good porter, but I've had better for the style, and of the beers I had from them this day, this was not the highlight.

On The Border Porter from Mother Earth Brew Co.