Bourbon Barrel Maple Porter | Mountain Town Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Mountain Town Brewing Co.
mountaintownbrew.com

Style: American Porter

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by CMUbrew on 10-26-2013

3.25/5  rDev -6.9%

3.75/5  rDev +7.4%

3.49/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

A: Dark mahogany brown in color, a finger of khaki head off the pour.

S: Light whiskey and quite possibly just a hint of maple syrup.

T: As in the nose, the taste is light on the bourbon. Maybe some tiny wood notes in there (multiple use barrel?). Caramely malt body with a hint of roast. Finishes sweet.

M: Very light bodied. Too light for my taste, and I think maybe I tad light for a barrel aged beer. Carbonation feels quite high as well.

O: Worthy of a try, but probably not one I'd order again. It's just all around too light for my tastes. However, I really hope to see more work with bourbon barrels from MPBC.

Bourbon Barrel Maple Porter from Mountain Town Brewing Co.