Boiler Room Stout | Pints Brewery & Sports Bar

Pints Brewery & Sports Bar
Nevada, United States
coloradobelle.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by UncleJimbo on 03-16-2006

Reviews by FACEMEAT:
3.53/5  rDev +10%

Served on tap into a pint glass.

A: Pours a dark transluscent brown with a half finger of creamy head that left nice lacing on the glass.

S: Smells of toasted nuts and coffee with an alcohol/vanilla background.

T: The coffee and dark chocolate flavors are inb the foreground and most prominant. In the background lies a pretty intense alcohol warmth whose bark is as loud as its bite.

M: the viscosity was a bit thinner than I was expecting, but pleasant overall with a creaminess that lingered on the back of the tongue with the alcohol warmth.

D: With this mich alcohol wallop, I was hard-pressed to finish my second pint. Definitely reserve this brew for the end of your night.

3.36/5  rDev +4.7%

I believe this beer should be consumed during the winter months of the year. Maybe putting it in with their Brewers' reserve rotation of beers. Here is a stout that is pretty average in taste, apperence, smell, etc. I had one in the three days I was here, that was enough. The temperature was 95 to 69 degrees.

It starts off decent enough before turning dry and smokey. It leaves you wanting a glass of water after each gulp. If they would stick with either the dry taste or smoke style I'm sure I would have liked it more. Not a bad drink, just average.

2.75/5  rDev -14.3%