Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Three Daughters | Leieritz Brewing Company, LLC

Availability: Summer

Added by Mebuzzard on 07-29-2010

Reviews by AWolfAtTheDoor:
1.83/5  rDev -32.2%

On a hefeweizen kick, thought id try to keep it local while in Denver.

Pours a cloudy straw color reasonable head and lacing.

Some subdued wheat and a little banana and cloves on the nose.

Wow this beer tastes bad. Theres a little bit of wheat malts and yeast, but there is a medicinal sour (sour, not bitter) tang in there. Is this infected? This flavor has no business in a hefe. I'd steer clear of this beer.

3.14/5  rDev +16.3%

22oz. bottle served cold into a pint glass.

I was drawn to this beer initially because of the label - I thought my wife would like it because she loves the movie A League of their Own. Then I noticed the brewery, from my current home state, that I had never heard of before. So I had to try it!

Visually, not a great looking beer. It is orangey/yellow with very little head and no retention.

Aroma is sweet and full of tropical fruit and flowers. It's actually very nice but it doesn't seem like a beer, if that makes any sense.

Flavor is malty but bitter. Not a hoppy bitterness but more astringent or medicinal. There is a lot of strange flavor going on here but none of it really gels.

Mouthfeel is medium-light in body and moderately carbonated. The alcohol burns much more than it should. No ABV stated on the bottle, by the way.

Overall an unusual beer but not one that I would buy again.

2.42/5  rDev -10.4%

A local brewery I know little about. Found this on tap at Atomic Cowboy on Colfax. On special, so I got that instead of Stone IPA. Not a great decision.

Pours a very hazy and turbid yellow. The head on this wheat beer is zero, zilch, nothing. This doesn't bode well for the next attribute.

Aroma is sweet corn and lemon. More of cream corn I guess. Lemon and citrus are suffocated in this. It's not a bad aroma, just not great.
Yeah, taste isn't much better. The corn taste is in the end, citrus is more prevalent than in the aroma. Feel is mostly flat. Not a good beer. Should have put a lemon in it.

3.42/5  rDev +26.7%

Three Daughters pours a hazy straw with an unchained eggshell cap into my weizen glass. The foam just keeps on coming. It eventually dies down to a thick blanket as it leaves a fair amount of lace behind.

The beer starts out promising enough. The nose brings aromas of ripe banana, clove, biscuit and bubblegum. However, all those aromas don't translate over well to the flavor. In the mouth, the hyper fizzy and grainy body brings forth flavors of biscuits and lemon initially. Bitterness is slightly generous for the style. A light sourness brings up the rear.

If the taste kept up with the nose, this would be a nice beer. Alas, it doesn't, so this one is merely average in my book.

Three Daughters from Leieritz Brewing Company, LLC