Watertower IPA | Sutter Buttes Brewing

Awaiting More Ratings

Sutter Buttes Brewing
sutterbuttesbrewing.com

Style: American IPA

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by JohnF51 on 05-23-2013

4.06/5  rDev +0.2%

From tap at Sutter Buttes Brewing in Yuba City. Excellent choice for an IPA. Starts out nicely sweet and finishes out well with hop. Can't go wrong with this one!

3.98/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

4.5/5  rDev +11.1%

3.6/5  rDev -11.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Watertower IPA was one of the first beers brewed at Sutter Buttes Brewing. They haven't had it in awhile. So when I heard that a batch was coming out, I had to go in and get some. I order a flight of four (which is what they had available) beers. They came in 4 oz glasses.

Nice white head on a golden yellow brew, clear with some carbonation. Aroma is citrus and mild.

Taste is citrus, much like a lot of other American IPAs. Nothing outstanding about it, but it is very serviceable. The taste is clean, with just enough bitterness to remain attractive. Mouthfeel is clean, leaving the palate with no residue. Nice lacing.

I maybe should have had a full glass, but they had a couple of other beers I wanted to try. Next time I go in I may order it again.

Watertower IPA from Sutter Buttes Brewing