Terrapin French Oak Aged Monk's Revenge | Terrapin Beer Company

Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev -13.8%

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

4.5/5  rDev +10.8%

Appearance: Medium brown to light brown in color. A small bit of head once poured, not much head retention though.

Smell: Sweet smelling, almost like a graham cookie. With a light hop hint and laced with oak.

Taste: Initially a sweet cookie taste, followed by a bitter oakyness, then finishes back off sweet. It is like drinking a tasty IPA mixed with a nice glass of wine.

Mouthfeel: Singes slightly on the font of the tongue, light. Slightly carbonated.

Overall: Found this on tap In at Piggly Wiggly at Market Common in Myrtle Beach, SC. I love Terrapins Monk Revenge, so when I saw they had a oak aged version that was $10.99 for a 64 ounce growler fill, I jumped at the opportunity to try this, and I am very glad I did. Even though this is a lighter imperial beer, it is a mouthful of flavor. If you are able to find this beer on tap, I highly recommend.

Terrapin French Oak Aged Monk's Revenge from Terrapin Beer Company