Terrapin Reunion Beer 2008 | Terrapin Beer Company

Style: Rye Beer

Added by claspada on 08-27-2011

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
4.38/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I tried this the other night with a friend, but did not have my word notebook to take notes. These are taken from phone...

Pours a nice deep red color. Good two finger head with good retention and beautiful lacing all through out the glass until the last sip.

My friends said it smelled like some sort of cleaner or chemicals. I got that a tad bit, but I got more hints of red delicious apple with belgian candied sugars.

Taste was full of sweet malts, caramel, rye spiciness, could definitely taste the caraway seed. No bitter hops. Nice and malty.

Coated my mouth. Nice and smooth on the tongue. Not too much heat.

Overall this was a very delicious brew and was sad to take the last sip. I wish I could get my hands on more of this and thank my good friend Justin for sharing this with me and my good friend Jesse. If you get your hands on this, give it a try, I think it's a very interesting brew and worth trying.!

3.95/5  rDev n/a

What a random find @ Abe's Cold Beer in Bethlehem, PA. 2008 bottle randomly on the shelf, weird. Let's see how 3 years of age has treated this.

Pours to a beautiful transparent, coppery dark red color with a light but creamy head formation.

Aromas begin with inviting sweet caramel malts and a surprisingly nice mild dose of spicy hops. Spice may also be from the rye malts. Lots of caramel maltiness though. This reminds me of that AleSmith 2006 Decadence I had a couple months back

The tastes begin with chewy caramel maltiness. Next I get the the flaked rye, which adds a mild spiciness to the beer. I get just a hint of the caraway seeds, which creates the allusion of a slice of fresh rye bread. A slight fruitiness is present; a small peppery hop bitterness rounds out the finish.

Mouthfeel is medium to light bodied with a nice. Carbonation is slightly lower than I would like but it's not a major detractor.

Overall, this is a tasty red ale with an extra kick and a bit of added spice bite from the rye malts. I wish I had this 3 years ago when I bet the caraway and the hops were more predominant. A good beer but at this point it is past it's prime, not bad or spoiled, just was probably a higher quality flavor profile.

Terrapin Reunion Beer 2008 from Terrapin Beer Company
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.