Black Mountain Stout | Neil House Brewery & Homebrew Supply

Awaiting More Ratings

Neil House Brewery & Homebrew Supply
Ohio, United States

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by MbpBugeye on 09-29-2010

1.15/5  rDev 0%

I was excited to try some Neil House stuff at the Columbus Microbrew Fest. I went Saturday and it seemed like all of their stuff was pretty much gone by then. This was the only beer they had left.

A- Poured a thin looking black with really only air bubbles. No head, no lacing.

S- Sour? Im already thinking infection, unless for some reason they use open fermentation and they want it to be this way. It does have some nice chocolatey notes but there is a sour, fermented berry kinda smell.

T- Yeah, its a wreck. A small hint of chocolate disappears before you can enjoy it. Its crushed by a funky, messed up sour taste. Like sour cherries.

Im just thinking this was infected or something, but I dont know why they would keep it on at a fest where Columbus people are trying your stuff for the first time. I wont give up on them this quickly but I cant help it if my opinion is beginning to get weighted.

Black Mountain Stout from Neil House Brewery & Homebrew Supply