Imperial IPA

From:
Blue Pants Brewery

Alabama, United States
Avail:
Retired (no longer brewed)
Wants
Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 7 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
ALHOPLOVER from Alabama

4.83/5  rDev +19.3%
look: 5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Canned on 3/3/17, poured and enjoyed on 3/31/17.

L: Light golden amber, foamy white head, solid lacing.

S: Distinct orange and grapefruit aroma, slightly tropical, very very nice. The most distinctly citrus aroma of any DIPA I've had. I put a lot of weight on the aroma, and this beer stands out to me in the best way. I love the smell of a freshly peeled orange and I picked up on exactly that about halfway through. Wow!

T: Unique, smooth, citrus hoppy flavor. Wonderfully balanced and flavorful, ripe citrus fruit, not too sweet, smooth earthy bitterness with a rich malt backbone. Not as bold and intense as I would like it to be but it's very enjoyable.

F: Has a creamy, medium bodied thickness that I like. Very drinkable.

O: World class offering from sweet home Alabama. One of a kind citrus aroma! Great flavor and drink-ability. So good that I had to get another 4 pack.

Apr 02, 2017
acmurphy696 from Georgia

4.51/5  rDev +11.4%

I have to say, I don't remember seeing a beer that looks like this. It looks likes one of those old cloudy ciders, but it aroma, which is delightfully fruity, and its nicely balanced, hoppy taste are right in my wheelhouse. It has a pretty nice finish on the back of the tougue. This is definitely worthy of a repeat visit.

Mar 29, 2017