Biere De Garde | Funkwerks

Funkwerks
Colorado, United States
funkwerks.com

Style: Bière de Garde

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by denver10 on 05-27-2013

3.25/5  rDev -11.4%

4.5/5  rDev +22.6%

3.62/5  rDev -1.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 3.5

Collaboration between Funkwerks, Odell, and New Belgium Brewed with endive and rose hips.

Pours a hazy deep copper and gold with a nice creamy head and solid lacing. Not sure what endive and rose hips should smell or taste like so not sure how accurate I can be in my description here, sorry. Aroma is some dark fruit like character but not quite dark fruitish, lighter in nature,, maybe cut with a little nuttiness, and a touch floral (but maybe that's me trying to identify the rose). Flavor offers some breadiness, some pitted fruit again again lightened up and maybe mixed with some nuttiness, and a little floral. A fuller, creamy mouthfeel, kinda what I have come to expect from a nice Odell beer. Overall, a decent beer, one I would drink again, but also not one I would have left the taproom with a bottle of were I to have tried this there.

Biere De Garde from Funkwerks