Fort Collins Collaboration 2013 | Funkwerks

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

4.25/5  rDev +13.6%

2.7/5  rDev -27.8%
look: 4 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.75

Draft pour in a stemmed tulip glass.
Appearance: Deep, hazy, stained mahogany. Thin head.
Smell: Smells like driving past an old brewery. Sweet malt, musty, with a hint of water minerals.
Taste: Malt, malt, maple syrup, and malt. Super sweet. Earthy and perfumy.
Mouthfeel: Viscous and sugary.
Overall: This was a collaboration between Peter Bouchaert of New Belgium Brewing Company, Bill Beymer of Odell Brewing Company, and Gordon Schuck of Funkwerks. Apparently the concept was for all of the Fort Collins brewers to get in groups of threes, use a similar list of ingredients, and add a unique twist to each brew. This group chose Belgian Endive as their distinctive flavor. Ultimately the beer ended up way too sweet for me. I finished my pint, but I think it gave me diabetes.

3.75/5  rDev +0.3%