Wheat Beer | Luckie Ales

luckie-ales.com

Style: Hefeweizen

Added by AgentMunky on 11-01-2010

3.73/5  rDev 0%

Poured from a 500mL bottle into a pint glass.

A: Aggressive head starts as soon as I take off the cap. When poured, it only rises, filling about a third of the glass. However, it quickly fizzles down to a more manageable half-finger, staying light and promising. The body of the beer is light yellow and hazy, with lots and lots of bubbles.

S: Strong banana, light clove. Nice. After a while, something faintly artificial seems to dance around the edges of the nose...strange.

T: A sold wheat beer; pretty much what I expected -- banana overtones, sharp citrus, crisp carbonation, hint of clove and maybe pepper. Aftertaste is light, tart, and ever-so-slightly spicy.

M: Splendid. Crisp, titillating, provoking, and light.

D: I see no particular reason I couldn't drink lots of this beer; however, I feel that over time I would grow a bit bored. It's a nice wheat beer -- a welcome commodity in these parts -- but ultimately nothing more. Still, recommended if you can find one.

Wheat Beer from Luckie Ales