Edinburgh 68/- (7.5%) | Luckie Ales

luckie-ales.com

Style: Scottish Ale

Added by AgentMunky on 07-29-2011

3.74/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Poured from a 33cL bottle into a Gouden Carolus chalice. From notes. Reviewed 27 May 2011.

I bought this beer some months earlier for my girlfriend's visit, since I loved the 8.1% version so much. When referencing my earlier review, I realised this was a different recipe and that the listed ABVs differed.

A: No head to speak of. Beautiful tracing on the surface. Dark brown, muddy, and opaque. Translucent in the direct back lighting.

S: Sweet fruit, faint spices, rummy alcohol. Raisins, stewed apples, blackberry jam.

T: Newer, fresher, and more vibrant than expected. A bit sour, a bit of yeast(?), and maybe even some cinnamon. The aftertaste is faintly dry, with a bit of bitter hops. Malty-sweet with a lot of raw sugars with the fruit. Quite grapey.

M: A bit thin, but smooth and pleasant.

O: Not as good as the other Edinburgh 68/- (8.1%). Still, Luckie Ales continues to impress. Maybe it's better young.

Edinburgh 68/- (7.5%) from Luckie Ales