Sakara King | Al Ahram Beverages Company

alahrambeverages.com

Style: American Malt Liquor

Added by elricorico on 03-22-2007

2.56/5  rDev +26.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

1.5/5  rDev -26.1%

2.61/5  rDev +28.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

I bought this beer a few days ago when i was in Egypt for holidays. This is quit heave beer in Egypt when you compare it with the low alcohol watery beers they pour for you at the resorts.

Beer in the can, not bad when poured. A big fluffy white head and some nice carbonation. A bit darker yellow colour.

Smell is with some sweetness. The taste is disappointingly but as to be expected. This beer is forced to ten percent and that is waht you taste....nothing.

This is a poor beer....

2.45/5  rDev +20.7%

500ml can brought back from Egypt by my daughter and her husband.

God, they've brought me an Arab drunks beer I thought, only drank on street corners away from the bright lights (does Egypt have bright lights?), and how right I was.

Anyway, it was poured into a La Chouffe stemmed tulip and a Veltins Pilsner glass, as my benefactors (daughter and son-in-law) wanted to try it too. Lager like in appearance, mid-golden, clear, clean and bright, the head refusing to hang around, like so many lager/pilsners.

It had a smell, nothing huge or exciting but it did have hints of sweet floral hops and I had high hopes for the taste.

I should have known better, the beer just had an alcohol front and no subtlety what so ever: worse was to come, that nasty metallic twang cheap lagers sometimes have appeared as the mouth dried to leave you with a reminder never to have another of these unless you want the hangover from Hell and no friends, ever.

I drank my half fairly quickly, as cold it was drinkable, warmer it would have been vomit inducing without a doubt.

2.06/5  rDev +1.5%

A coworkers father travels frequently to Egypt for business. He's brought back a few samples. I really wasn't sure if I would ever drink this one, but, since it wasn't even listed, I thought I would review it just for the sake of adding it to the database.

Poured quickly into a pint glass, a two finger white head formed atop a pale gold body. The head starts to shrink rapidly.

I doesn't smell as bad as I might have expected, but it isn't good. Cooked vegetables and fusel alcohol.

Adjunct sweetness and paint thinner to taste. Served very cold keeps it from being too offensive, but there is an uncomfortable heat to the finish.

The mouthfeel is slightly oily, with high carbonation. Leaves a slight film across the tongue.

If ice cold, I could see myself finishing a can of this, but the only reason I could imagine for drinking it would be to get drunk very fast.

Sakara King from Al Ahram Beverages Company