Eichbaum Weisbier Kristallklar | Privatbrauerei Eichbaum GmbH & Co. KG

2.87/5
Alströms:

Reviews by MTNboy:
2.61/5  rDev -9.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

This beer is another one that must not get rated enough. It is not retired or at least I hope not. For a weiss it has very grassy, with some floral and spice to the aroma. Great head and lace over its transparent body. There is virtually no retention of the head but the lace sticks around. It was like a pils/helles/weiss hybrid. The body was somewhat watery and thin.

3.86/5  rDev +34.5%

The problem that plagues Eichbaum brewery is their packaging. It’s time to upgrade, Eichbaum!

Eichbaum’s Kristall gives off strong aromas of bubble gum and a light grainy/husk fragrance too.

This brew is a slow pour. It is ultra carbonated and produces massive amounts of bright white head. The body a beautifully clear and gold in color. It’s taken me more than five minutes to pour this brew out due to its massive head production.

Finally after minutes of pouring, I can drink this brew. Not too bad. It’s a little lemony and banana like, but with a hint of bubble gum.

I give this a thumb up and recommend. It’s a little dry on the palate, but very refreshing.

2.4/5  rDev -16.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2

Pours a clear golden color, with a fluffy white head that receded quickly and leaves little lacing. Like Eichbuam's Hefe, this beer also appears to be over carbonated. The smell is faint, but of citrus and orange peel. First of all, the taste is watery. The falvor that is there is citrusy. The mouthfeel is thin, and highly carbonated. This kristal accomplishes something most don't. It has more flavor that the hefe it comes from. That, however, is more of a refection off how bad the Eichbuam hefe is, than how good this beer is. This beer is too highly carbonated, and has little flavor. It is the worst kristal I have ever had.

2.2/5  rDev -23.3%

I had this on-tap in Darmstadt, Germany. It was a great disappointment. I'd never tried kristal Weiss, and it was a local beer they said, so I thought I'd try it. In my opinion, they removed all of what I would have enjoyed, in the process.

The small head quickly dissipated. Tiny tiny bubbles rose in-quantity, throughout, like sparks hastily rising from a fire. The over-carbonation was another dislike. I found some slight citrus-taste but other than that, it was a beer to be avoided, in my opinion.

3.29/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Not generaly a fan of the style, as I feel the sediment adds too much character. Beautiful fluffy head on this weizen. Flavor is decent, but subdued. One of the better kristallweizens I’ve tried.

Eichbaum Weisbier Kristallklar from Privatbrauerei Eichbaum GmbH & Co. KG