Imperial Red | Chama River Brewing Company

Style: American Amber / Red Ale

Added by kdoc8 on 03-13-2007

Reviews by kdoc8:
4.3/5  rDev 0%

I had this on tap at Chama River, Albuquerque. It was an Imperial Red, but I can't find that on the BA list of styles, so I listed it as an American Amber/Red, but feel free to correct that if I'm wrong. It had 8.6% ABV. It poured dark red/amber/brown in color. I was very impressed. It had a bitter flowery, complex aroma. You could taste the alcohol a bit up front, but it was masked well by the other complex flavors. Very drinkable for such a high ABV red.

Imperial Red from Chama River Brewing Company