Stingray Point IPA | Coronado Brewing Company

Style: American IPA

Added by PDXHops on 06-08-2013

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast
2.72/5  rDev -29.5%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

3.8/5  rDev -1.6%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

3.78/5  rDev -2.1%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

3.39/5  rDev -12.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.25

4.24/5  rDev +9.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

4.18/5  rDev +8.3%

4.03/5  rDev +4.4%

4.5/5  rDev +16.6%

I am pretty shocked to see this beer rating this low. Call it a come back? I guess they had a version back in June of 2013, however as of 09/28/2014 they have a fresh, new batch on hand and it was absolutely delicious. I spent 12 days in CA over the last two weeks, starting in Anaheim drinking through Knuckle Sandwich, etc, up to Santa Rosa enjoying RR, Bear Republic, Lagunitas, then the long drive to SD where I enjoyed many amazing brews at the breweries including Societe, Alpine, Port Pizza, Stone. . . . wife had enough and made me go to Coronado area for the day. Coronado brewing opens early, so we had lunch there. Great food, good beer until I had Stingray. This beer reminds me so much of fresh Hopslam, though slightly lighter in malt. It was so good that I bought a 1 gallon growler and a 32 oz growler (for a friend) and brought it back with me. Odd thing was the following day I did the Stone brewery tour and met up with a guy wearing an Alpine shirt. Started shooting the shit with him and he happened to mention this beer and how great it was. Having not looked anything up on BA I assumed this was well received.

Sorry this is not a standard review. Appearance = light blond beer. Smell = hops. Mouthfeel = light (?) Taste = just dancing on your tongue hops with every bit the right deliciousness with just enough malt to back it up, but never in the way. Overall = shoot me in the face but this was in the top of many, many world class beers I had over 12 days.

3.5/5  rDev -9.3%

3.5/5  rDev -9.3%

4.04/5  rDev +4.7%

Had today on tap at Sticks and Stones here in GSO.Poured into a standard pint glass a hazed deep orange infused golden with a half finger white head atop,the haze may have been a chill haze from the glass.Aromas of mild citrusy hops mainly,not much sweetness detected.Bright citric hops on the plate with a hard lightly sweet malt base,I really like the fresh bright citrusy flavors.A pretty good beer and a pretty good find here in my area on tap.

3.25/5  rDev -15.8%

4.3/5  rDev +11.4%

On Tap in my backyard kegerator. .

Deep golden/orange pour thin white head light/medium sticky lacing
Aroma of caramel and toasted malts with a light citrusy floral hop
Taste is of bitter earthy/floral/citrusy hop combo, sweet caramel malts, toasted malts and a touch of a honey with a nice light bitter hop bite
Finish is dry light with that light bitter hop bite lingering a little
This is a fantastic IPA that I hope they revisit, as I was told this was a one-off production.

first ← prev | 1-25 | 26-50  | nextlast