Surprise! It's Another IPA: Idaho 007 & Ekuanot
St. Boniface Craft Brewing Company

Surprise! It's Another IPA: Idaho 007 & EkuanotSurprise! It's Another IPA: Idaho 007 & Ekuanot
Beer Geek Stats: | Print Shelf Talker

Notes:
Reviews: 3 | Ratings: 10 | Log in to view all ratings and sort
woodychandler from Pennsylvania

3.96/5  rDev +2.3%

I recently procured a couple of CANs for my local, in-person trader, tone77 & myself & as usual, he beat me to the punch in terms of the review. No worries. I am SO ready for an AIPA right now that I CAN barely CANtain myself. Viva The CANQuest (tm)!

From the CAN: "CANs: Infinitely Recyclable (tm)".

I love that there are so many 1 pint (16-fl. oz.) CANs out there now! Of course, it means that after I Crack! one open, my only option is a slow, gentle Glug into the awaiting glass. Otherwise, the sheer volume of liquid might be overwhelming. Once sufficiently deCANted, an in-glass swirl raised just over a finger of dense, foamy, tawny head with good retention. Color was an oh-so-slightly hazy Straw-Yellow (SRM = > 2, < 4), but I will be keeping an eye on it to see if it might not simply be a chill haze. Nose was very minty & pine-like, a mix of Ev-O-Green and Cryst-O-Mint Life Savers, along with a slight honeydew melon sweetness. This is going to be interesting! Mouthfeel was medium. No surprise. The taste was more minty than pine, although there was plenty of both but it was tempered by a honeydew/CANtaloupe sweetness. Wild! Warming, it did indeed begin to clarify, so I will chalk up my reefer's interior temperature as the culprit. The melon flavors also became more assertive as it warmed although the minty coolness remained a CANstant throughout. Finish was dry, but not very bitter. It was just what this hophead wanted.

Oct 04, 2017
tone77 from Pennsylvania

3.62/5  rDev -6.5%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the captain of the canquest, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 16 oz. can. Has a golden color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of mints, pine. Taste is dank, pine, orange peels, some mint, very bitter for a 5.9% abv. Feels medium/full bodied in the mouth and overall is a solid beer.

Sep 13, 2017
DIM from Pennsylvania

4.1/5  rDev +5.9%
look: 4 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 4.25

Canned 8/24, purchased 8/31. I love having fresh Boniface options pretty much every time I shop. Not priced at Weis but I didn't think twice, Boniface is always a bargain. I was surprised to see $16.50 ring up for a 4-pack of #ers. I trust Boniface's pricing, these must be expensive hops used copiously!

Lots of tingly fresh hops tickle the palate from start to finish. Some mellow melon up front and pungent citrus rind at the end. Very nice! There was something "heavy" in the malt weighing things down that I found distracting, particularly at the finish.

Very good overall and I don't regret my purchase. I'll be looking forward to more from the series.

Sep 01, 2017
Surprise! It's Another IPA: Idaho 007 & Ekuanot from St. Boniface Craft Brewing Company
Beer rating: 86 out of 100 with 10 ratings