Rushing Imperial Stout | Tequesta Brewing Company

4.25/5  rDev +4.7%

4.14/5  rDev +2%

From tap to snifter at Coffee District on 6/2/12
*From notes

A: Dark, rich brown to black. A .5 finger head and decent tan collar top this brooding brew.

S: Ruby port - red vine fruit, some baker's chocolate and dark charred malt. I really dig this killer, complex nose.

T: A bit vinous, then plenty of brownie batter and minor hints of deeply charred malt. A bit of toffee lingers on the back, yet it's incapsulated by that red juicy fruit.

M: Amazing. So thick and dense. Really chewy. The carbonation is low and the viscosity high.

O: What a wonderful non barrel aged stout. I get shades of Zhukov all over this, and I say that in the best, most respectful way I possibly can. I'd think that throwing this in a bourbon barrel would do some insane and amazing things to this wonderfully done ADIS. Highly recommended.

Rushing Imperial Stout from Tequesta Brewing Company