White IPA | Tequesta Brewing Company

Style: Belgian IPA

Added by Alieniloquium on 02-28-2013

3.75/5  rDev -10.1%

3.76/5  rDev -9.8%

On tap at the brewery on 1/4/2013. Had this review in my phone a while, so this beer is long gone as I add it to BA. Served in a pint glass.

Appearance - Hazy golden yellow. Nice white head. Thick layer of foam clings to the inside of the glass.

Smell - Not as hoppy as I'd like. I get a bit of grapefruit, but yeast comes through more. A touch of phenols and the characteristic Belgian sweetness.

Taste - Much better. Brighter citrus flavor. Maybe from the hops. Maybe from the yeast. Grainy malts with a wheaty taste. Bitter and phenolic in the finish.

Mouthfeel - Grainy and bitter in the finish. Still easy to drink. Cuts the Belgian sweetness nicely.

Overall - Love this style. I'd like more aromatics, but the yeast gives it another dimension that doesn't leave me yearning for a hop bomb.

White IPA from Tequesta Brewing Company