English Barleywine | Tequesta Brewing Company

Style: English Barleywine

Added by Alieniloquium on 08-17-2013

3.75/5  rDev 0%

3.82/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the brewery, served in a goblet. Think it's 10 oz.

Appearance - Murky amber brown body. Not much of a head. I let it sit a while to warm, but even so, it never had much going on.

Smell - Lots of fruitiness going on. Raisins, apple, some banana and clove phenolic notes. Brown sugar and some booze. Faint yeasty aroma.

Taste - This has to be made with a Belgian yeast. Strong apple flavor. Brown sugar. Some chocolatey flavors and toasted malts. A little bit sweet, but no more than the style demands. The phenols come out in the finish. A slight bitterness to boot.

Mouthfeel - It is boozy, but I never minded much. Someone rushed me a bit into finishing my glass, but even then it wasn't overwhelming. A little chewy, but nothing super thick.

Overall - This is good stuff. Another big win from TBC. I'll be back for this. Probably tomorrow.

English Barleywine from Tequesta Brewing Company