Star City Dark Lager | Lafayette Brewing Co.

3.92/5
1 Rating

Lafayette Brewing Co.
Indiana, United States
lafbrew.com

Style: Euro Dark Lager

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by boilermakerbrew on 11-21-2011

3.92/5  rDev 0%

First off, I want to say that Euro Dark Lager is my best guess at the style. They told me it is the dark version of their Star City Lager.

Came to me very dark, almost reminding me of a black lager. Small head, but in my experience, LBC bartenders pour them very full with very little head (thank you!).

Scent was of a lot of burnts, maybe a hint of coffee in there. Taste was much the same. If you don't like burnt malts, this isn't for you. No hops that are noticeable, just a lot of burnt flavors.

Mouthfeel was fairly light, but still silky smooth. A little heavy on the carbonation for the style.

Overall, not a bad brew. Still, my third favorite of the 3 brews at LBC that I've had.

Star City Dark Lager from Lafayette Brewing Co.