Bourbon Barrel Stout | New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House

New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House
Indiana, United States
newalbanian.com

Style: American Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Ricochet on 04-25-2005

4.5

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 2
4.57/5  rDev n/a

To clarify, the name of this stout is Bourbondaddy and is an American stout aged in bourbon barrels. And it's also quite tasty!

Dark as midnight with a small brown head typical of dark, strong stouts. Doesn't look or feel too thick in the mouth, but has a dilectable, rich taste. A complex interplay of coffee bitterness, rich roasted malt, a little shot of hops, and a bourbony finish.

I feel very fortunate to live in New Albany where we have one of the best pubs (Sportstime Pizza and Rich O's, though actually seperate establishments, are right next door to each other and owned and operated by the same people) in the whole state with an unbelievable selection of American micro-brew and imported beers, plus some great homebrews of their own.

4.48/5  rDev n/a

I've had several beers at Rich-O's tap room and several Albanian brews before, but thier beers never stood out for me. Always seemed average, and usually I would enjoy some of the guest beers . (Upland Wheat is my FAVE wheat beer, didn't have it this time.) What I did have a pint of , I can't remember the exact name of, but it is a bourbon barrel stout, so there. What matters is they have brewed a masterpiece!

Appearence: Black. Just like a stout.

Smell: A real difference. I love KY Bourbon, and this beer smelled like KY Bourbon and stout. I've had others where the bourbon scent was faint, but this one hit it on the nose! Not overpowering, but enough to enhance the stout. Very appetizing.

Mouth: Very good, a little thicker than a traditional stout, but that's a personal preference and very likeable.

Taste: Wow. Excellent stout. Very traditional to stout flavors with the enhancement and smoky-tannin flavors of the bourbon barrel. They use fresh barrels just from the source and that must make the difference. In the top three for stouts. Excellent.

Drinkability: While this is a heavy alchohol beer , it was so tasty that I could have stayed and had a few of these. I drank it slow and savored every drop.

Well, I don't get to Rich-O's to drink N.Alb. much, but whenever I'm in the Louisville area I've got a reason to come here more often! Great stuff.

Bourbon Barrel Stout from New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House