B' Urban Trotter | New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by Sean9689 on 06-11-2012

4/5  rDev 0%

3.08/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at Holy Grale in Louisville, KY.

A - Pours a burnt orange/red color, white head, thin collar.

S - Bourbon and hops all day long. The hops have aged and turned more sweet then bitter, and mixed with the bourbon, just doesn't work well for me.

T - Similar to the nose. Stale sweet hops, bourbon, oak. Tons of sweetness in both bourbon and hoppy form and super-boozy. Finish is sweetness with some bitterness mixed in there as well.

M - Medium, good carbonation, oily sweet finish.

O - I'm not too big on BA IPA/DIPA's and this beer confirms it for me. I just don't believe in barrel-aging something that's meant to be enjoyed fresh, and the barrel notes just don't add anything positive for me. Meh.

B' Urban Trotter from New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House