Die Saur Von Satan (Flat 12 Collaboration) | New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House

3.5/5
1 Rating

New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House
Indiana, United States
newalbanian.com

Style: Berliner Weissbier

Added by ZombiesAteMyDog on 08-25-2012

3.5/5  rDev 0%

Labeled as a "Black Berliner Weiss" with only 7 IBU; I tried this new collaboration because I've never seen/had one before.

A - The beer pours a dark dark brown without a trace of a head. No lacing to speak of.

S - The smell has a faint sourness, and I'm not getting a whole lot more than that. Vague malt and a bit of chocolate notes in the aroma. I really wish it had more acidity.

T - The taste follows the smell directly. There are moments of dry chocolate chips and malt with a very slight tartness at the end. In the end, it's not tart enough for my liking.

M - It is light and somewhat watery, but still has nice, smooth body.

O - Overall, it is a good idea to make a black berliner. However, as interesting as it was, it needs more tartness to hold my attention. A good effort for a rare style. More lacto, maybe?

Die Saur Von Satan (Flat 12 Collaboration) from New Albanian Brewing Company - Pizzeria and Public House