Irish Breakfast Stout | Sun Up Brewing Co.

Awaiting More Ratings

Sun Up Brewing Co.
Arizona, United States
sunupbrewing.com

Style: Oatmeal Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by DoubleJ on 03-18-2014

Reviews by DoubleJ:
3.62/5  rDev 0%

Irish Breakfast Stout = oatmeal stout + Copper Star Coffee. As being close to St. Patrick's Day, I felt this beer was appropriate to end the night. On to the beer:

It's no surprise that this beer is black. Topping it is a small tanned head which leaves just a few dots of lace on the glass. Also of no surprise was the aroma filled with coffee. Okay, so it was overwhelming coffee with a big, roasty, bittersweet aroma. I like coffee, so liking the aroma was a no brainer.

Irish Breakfast Stout, or Irish Breakfast Coffee? Throughout, I was wondering if I was drinking coffee. The stout aspect is minor in the overall scheme, acting as a backboard to the waves of coffee hitting. I like the taste as it stands, but I would have liked to see some of the coffee take a back seat.

3.75/5  rDev 0%

Irish Breakfast Stout from Sun Up Brewing Co.