Brown Ale | Blue & Gray Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Blue & Gray Brewing Co.
Virginia, United States
blueandgraybrewingco.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Availability: Fall

Added by Chaney on 10-02-2011

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 2
4.07/5  rDev 0%

I guess this is one of the newest brews in Blue & Gray's arsenal. I always welcome new beers!

I had this on tap at the brewery/brewpub.

A: Poured a shade or two darker than amber, with a tinge of brown color thrown in for safe measure. Overall, it was somewhat clear for what it was and had a big finger or so head.

S: Think caramel apple, carnival scent. Those are not descriptors typically found in the brown ale lexicon, but that's honestly what I got. Additionally, a malt, nutty character was also prevelant.

T: This was one of the more hoppy browns that I've ever tasted, but I still recognized it as such. Pretty earthy, yeasty, and with a bitter finish.

M: Lots of lacing on this guy, with a yeast profile that would most likely form an entire bread loaf if thrown into the oven. The carbonation was quite low (like most B & G brews that I've tried).

O: This was quite good, if somewhat out of style. If you're looking to get your brown sugar fix, look elsewhere. Otherwise, I though this was a good beer and worthy of my sobriety.

Brown Ale from Blue & Gray Brewing Co.