Honey Braggot | The Mack House

Style: Braggot

Added by Rifugium on 12-27-2012

3.82/5  rDev 0%

First had: on tap at Mack House, Davie, FL

When I sampled this, it was still unfinished and basically uncarbonated, but nearly ready to go on tap, so I got a pretty good impression of it. I'd like to try the finished product, but I'm guessing that won't happen.

Very murky pour, straight from the fermentor, milky cappuccino brown, no head (or carbonation, as I said). Aroma was bready, sweet, and somewhat resembling cookie dough. Taste of toasted bread glazed with honey, leaning more towards a mead than a beer, caramel, and some herbal notes, though nothing distinctively hoppy. It's possible there may not even be hops in this brew, but I'm not sure. At this point, it's not too possible or fair to say how the mouthfeel would be when the beer is carbonated, but assuming they keep it low, I'd say this one has about a medium body, and is pretty smooth and tasty, quite on the sweet side without being sickeningly sweet.

Honey Braggot from The Mack House