London Brick | Redemption Brewing

Style: Rye Beer

Added by on 05-02-2011

Photo of
4.8/5  rDev 0%

I tried this on cask at the Charles Lamb Pub in London in March. I thought the name of the beer sounded interesting so I ordered a pint knowing nothing at all about it. I absolutely loved it, so when I got home I googled it to see if it was available in North America. Turns out it is a collaboration between a bunch of London area brewers (Redemption, the Kernel, Zero Degrees and Brew Wharf) and they only made 10 barrels. So while I’m disappointed that I’ll probably never have it again, I’m thrilled that I was lucky enough to get to try a pint of it.

It is a striking deep amber-red in the glass. The aroma is spicy and sweet with a nice American-style spike of floral and piney hops. On the palate it is initially sweet and fruity and recedes to a deep spiciness with tons of floral-citrus hops and a clean bitter finish. This was by far the best beer I tasted while in the UK, and probably one of the best I’ve ever had.

London Brick from Redemption Brewing