Vienna Lager | Turkey Hill Brewing Co. Pub & Grille

Added by Deuane on 05-16-2011

3.75/5  rDev +0.8%

3.5/5  rDev -5.9%

3.71/5  rDev -0.3%

Not usually one for lagers, I tried this beer as it had not been reviewed yet. Openly admit to knowing little about vienna style lagers, other than what has been written on BA.

Served in a pint glass, the first surprise was how dark it was, darker that the oktoberfest a freind ordered. Looked very appealing, good head, amber/coppery coloring.

Smell was faint. Of what, I'm not sure. Could have been overwhelmed by the pulled pork on my plate that I was also salivating over.

Taste was good, extremely drinkable, no biting hops. carbonation modest. Mouthful pleasant.

Enjoyed this beer a lot. and I'm not usually one for lagers. After further thought, this seems to be one of those beers that may not have a particular outstanding aspect to it, but is extremely pleasant and drinkable. Would certainly order it again.

btw, the brewery now also offers a triple and an oktoberfest that I can't review yet, being new to BA. Will hopefully get to them on a future visit.

Vienna Lager from Turkey Hill Brewing Co. Pub & Grille