Coffee Tequila Oatmeal Stout | Ass Clown Brewing

Ass Clown Brewing
North Carolina, United States
assclownbeer.com

Style: Oatmeal Stout

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by thagr81us on 10-10-2011

3.32/5  rDev 0%

Big thanks goes out to my boy caSSino for sharing this one at the Down South Beer Tasting while aasher was in town to visit! Served from growler into a Mikkeller taster flute. Poured a massively dark brown with a very minimal light tan head. There was no lacing evident throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, cedar, subtle coffee, and subtle oatmeal. The flavor was of sweet malt, brown sugar, wood, oatmeal, and subtle coffee. It had a light feel on the palate with low carbonation. Overall this was a decent brew. The aroma on this one was one of the first brews that I could smell a distinctive wood note enough to be able to determine what kind it was. This was nice as I happen to love the smell of cedar which is how this one manifested itself to me. The flavor was okay on this one, but was a little dilute for my liking if I am completely honest. If this one were a little more robust I could see it being quite excellent. The mouthfeel is what really killed this one for me as it was very light (almost watery) with very low carbonation. I could see it being a much better brew had the feel been brought up to even a medium feel with mild carbonation to help make the flavors on this one pop. Worth trying if you get a chance though.

Coffee Tequila Oatmeal Stout from Ass Clown Brewing