Hop Weiss (Nelson Sauvin) | Cervejaria Bodebrown Ltda.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Cervejaria Bodebrown Ltda.
Brazil | website

Style: American Pale Wheat Ale

Added by DoubleJ on 03-01-2012

4.1

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 7
4.1/5  rDev 0%

...I'm being seduced by my favorite hop variety, Nelson Sauvin, by the folks at Bodebrown. I was lucky to taste from the taps of Hop'n Roll this singel hop variety of Hop Weiss, which I knew I couldn't resist. On to the beer:

Almost golden in color, filtered of the yeast, with good formation of the head and lace. The nose, with canteloupe, some pine, and soft mixed fruits, is a good sign for things to come.

After struggling to find much hops in the original Hop Weiss, the Nelson Sauvin version doesn't hesistate to showcase them. The soft wheat base compliments the hoppy flavors, which includes spades of canteloupe, honeydue, and a few brushings of pine and orange. The body is light-medium, and provides a gentle crispness.

I don't normally go after the Pale Wheat Ale, but this single hop version of Bodebrown's Hop Weiss is one I would certainly go for again and again, assuming it were cheaper (R$9 for 300 ml, yikes!) and produced again. After this, I can't decide if I prefer Way or Bodebrown among Curitiba brewers.

Hop Weiss (Nelson Sauvin) from Cervejaria Bodebrown Ltda.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.