Belgian Tripel With Pluots | Perennial Artisan Ales

Added by Sean9689 on 06-26-2012

4/5  rDev 0%

3.83/5  rDev 0%

On-tap at Perennial.

A - Pours a reddish/orange color, white head, thin collar.

S - Dark fruits, apricots, burnt sugars, malts, light caramel. I wasn't sure what a pluot was exactly, but it's a plum/apricot hybrid of some sort, which I could easily pick out in the nose. Cool stuff.

T - The sweetness is dialed down a bit on the palate, and there's more a light tart/dried fruit sweetness, which I contribute to the pluot. Unlike anything I've had before. Alcohol is very well-hidden for 9.1%. Finish is burnt sugars and dark fruity sweetness.

O - A nice twist on your standard Tripel. The pluot is a pretty cool fruit, and I could see it in many other styles. It works well here and I look forward to see what else Phil & Cory are up to in the near future.

Belgian Tripel With Pluots from Perennial Artisan Ales