Meredith Marzen | Avondale Brewing Co.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Availability: Fall

Added by BhamBeerLover on 10-23-2012

Reviews: 4 | Ratings: 17
3.83/5  rDev +4.1%

Served in a pint glass at the brewpub. From notes. Reviewed 23 November 2014.
3.5/3/4/4/4.5
Clearish pale. Noticeable effervescence.
Wash water and hops? Odd and unpleasant. Could be the glass, I guess.
This is good! Lightly tart, heavily malty, with a dryish, well-balanced endtaste. Fruity.
Very nice mouthfeel. Moreish, crisp, and compelling.
I really enjoy it. Recommended. I will have again, and so should you.

Outstanding Marzen (gives Sam Adams a run for his money). Pint at the brewery with Bro, Bob, Don and Tom. Enjoyed to take-out pizza from Post Office Pies while we drank outside. Great brewery with cool outdoors area.

2.99/5  rDev -18.8%

On draught at post office pies

A: golden amber, an autumnal tone, almost no head weak retention

S: malt and a small dash of cinnamon

T: ever so slightly smoky/warm, a bit tart with a strong presence of two row and caramel malts, a subtle pinch of estery fruit character as well, a pleasing tartness here as well

M: watery, too filling for what it is

O: the tartness here stands out the most, I'm not saying it's powerfully tart just that that is the noticeable thing about this marzen, it's not my style of beer (marzen in general) but for what it is I rather enjoy it, dont go out of your way to find it, but don't turn it down if you see it and that's what you are in the mood for

3.82/5  rDev +3.8%

A - Light orange in color. This beer just looks like fall. The color is just a little lighter than I expected with a Marzen or Octoberfest.

S - Smells of light toasted malt and vague citrus notes. Maybe a hint of caramel.

T - Similar to its smell, toasted malts with hints of caramel and citrus.

M - Light body, largely as I expected with this sort of lager. Carbonation seems good.

O - This was not a bad lager beer, although it's worth mentioning that lagers are not my favorite for the most part. This October brew did not leave me dissatisfied but also did not blow my mind. Give it a try if you like lagers.

Meredith Marzen from Avondale Brewing Co.