Green Hop
Camden Town Brewery

Beer Geek Stats:
Style:
Lager - India Pale Lager (IPL)
ABV:

Wants
Gots
SCORE
n/a
Notes: It’s the annual hop harvest and that means fresh green hops to pick. So, with old pals and hop suppliers Charles Faram, we chose these Harlequin hops at Townend Farm and brewed with them the same day, giving this lager an extra fresh punch of tropical flavours, just like you’ve picked the can from the hop fields yourself.

HOPS: HARLEQUIN
MALT: PILSNER, MUNICH
INGREDIENTS: Malted Barley, Wheat, Hops, Water, Yeast
Never pasteurized and Unfiltered.
Suitable for veggies.
View: Beers
JonnoWillsteed from England

3.91/5  rDev 0%

L- Mid gold, slightly hazy, has a couple of small sediments chunks floating around in it. Pours with a 2cm white head.
S- Smells rather like you taken a strimmer to the neighbours conifer hedge. Verdant.
T- The taste follows^ but TG it's not a sledgehammer-dry hop-beast. I do get the difference in the hops, the freshness, the note is like smelling fresh cut grass vs preserved (ie hay).
F- It's quite fresh and bright, so no idea why this appears in December - it'd be ideal for high summer. It's not OTT is any respect.
O- I like it, it's slightly different from any other beer I've had, but not so much so that it challenges my taste. How to explain, the difference is subtle yet quite pronounced - I'd like to try this again on a clean palate and consider it more deeply. Fresh mowed grass vs hay is the bext way I have of summing it up. Although outside the usual style of beers I pick to try, I'd be happy to drink this beer again.
330ml can £2 BB: 08/06/2021 Bought from Waitrose/London this afternoon