Experimental - Brown Ale | Tree Brewing

Tree Brewing
British Columbia, Canada
treebeer.com

Style: American Brown Ale

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Derek on 03-24-2013

4.3

4.3/5  rDev 0%

Only a single 21 L pin on-tap at the brewery. I took 2 L. :D

A: Chestnut brown with a light tan head, some retention, leaves some lace.

S: Floral hop aroma, light pine & citrus, hints of cocoa and nut.

T: Great American brown ale. I'd say it's closer to a Texas brown than an Indian Dark Ale. Cocoa is up front, then the hops hit you: Floral, piny, bit of citrus. Some underlying nut and slightly bready. Solid bitterness. Alcohol is subtle... maybe 6%?

M: Well-attenuated, moderate body is smooth, with a slightly off-dry finish.

O: Surprisingly, this is actually more like the hophead than the thristy beaver or porter. There's some cocoa and nut, but there's probably less caramel sweetness than the hophead. Nicely done.

I really like the balance here. Are there enough hops to call this a Hophead Brown? I don't know, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Experimental - Brown Ale from Tree Brewing