Leuven Red Ale | Cervejaria Leuven

look: 3 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

3.25/5  rDev +1.9%

2.64/5  rDev -17.2%
look: 3 | smell: 2 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Amber red color. Made two fingers of thick head with low retention.
Unusual aroma, very earthy and grainy-fay, like unused malt in a brewery. I wonder if something went wrong.
I liked the fact that it was a bit hoppier than usual, not the best selection of hops though. Sweet taste and very grainy and earthy. Malty aftertaste.
Medium body with low carbonation. I could not feel the alcohol which is good or unless it got some under attenuation problem.
Fay in the aroma was a bit disturbing and it was too earthy to me. I will have to try again.

Leuven Red Ale from Cervejaria Leuven