He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. - Cedar & Simcoe | Shmaltz Brewing Company

Style: American Double / Imperial IPA

Added by JizackFH on 01-14-2011

4/5  rDev 0%

4.45/5  rDev 0%

Had on cask at Bierkraft in Brooklyn, NY tonight.

A - This beer pours a very nice mahogany ruby color, and it has very small off-white head. The head left some specs of lacing on the glass. It also has a nice clarity to it.

S - It smells of sweet caramel malts, hops, and cedar. There are also some notes of dark fruits present.

T - I am getting some smooth caramel sweetness at first. Almost as soon as the sweetness hits, I got an assault of bitter hoppiness attacking my taste buds in a wonderful way. There are nice cedar notes here as well as some brown sugar.

M - This has a very smooth and creamy feel to it. It has a medium body with medium-low carbonation. There is an extreme puckering hop bitterness here that I find wonderful. The bitterness lingers in the mouth for quite some time.

D - The drinkability is good. I really like this beer. It is smooth, creamy, and it goes down easy. The flavor is great as well. Overall, this is a really good beer, and I'm glad I got the chance to try it, since I think its pretty limited. I recommend trying this is you ever come across it.

He'Brew Bittersweet Lenny's R.I.P.A. - Cedar & Simcoe from Shmaltz Brewing Company