Crystal Missle (fresh Hop) Pale Ale | The New Old Lompoc

3.98 w/ 2 ratings

The New Old Lompoc
Oregon, United States
newoldlompoc.com

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Added by John_M on 10-08-2010

Liked:
3.98/5
Alströms:

4/5  rDev 0%

3.95/5  rDev 0%

On tap at the Horsebrass the other night. Just what I was in the mood for, after my "lovely" cross country flight with Continental Airlines.

The beer pours an orange amber color with pretty decent head retention and modest lacing. The nose is not very prominent, but I do get an attractive aroma of light earth, pepper and light sweet malt. The flavor profile tends to replicate the nose, though it's considerably more flavorful than what I was expecting. The beer has some decent bitterness, but is impressively well balanced by the sweet malt. Nothing seems out of preportion, and I'm impressed by the amount of flavor I get in this (relatively) low alcohol beer. Mouthfeel is fairly light, but with a soft, long, thirst quenching finish. Drinkability is where this beer really shines. The alcohol is completely undetectable, and there's a crispness in the lightly bitter finish that I really like. This would be an excellent summertime pale ale; the sort of beer you could drink down all afternoon long.

Nice beer.