Murphy's 6.15 | Jack's Abby Brewing

Jack's Abby Brewing
Massachusetts, United States
jacksabbybrewing.com

Style: Herbed / Spiced Beer

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by Dhamma73 on 06-24-2013

Liked:
3.94/5
Alströms:

3.5/5  rDev -11.2%

3.75/5  rDev -4.8%

3.54/5  rDev -10.2%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

A rare Jack's Abby tick. Can't remember who shared this? Todd? Served in a snifter.

A - White foam settles to a solid cap, and specks of lace. Hazed golden straw body.

S - Loads of ginger and other nebulous spices; coriander perhaps? Some lemony hops or perhaps lemongrass, and not much obvious base beer as far as I can tell.

T - There's more base beer, with notes of wheat and pale malt. Less spice, although there's an odd ginger and menthol combo appearing late.

M - Medium body, with pleasant carbonation. Dry, grainy texture, and no obvious alcohol. Pretty easy to drink.

D - The aroma is way too spiced for my tastes; unless you love ginger. Taste is merely so-so. Not Jack's Abby's most inspired effort here, although I suppose it was brewed to the tastes of whomever was getting married and not mine.

4.5/5  rDev +14.2%

4.25/5  rDev +7.9%

4.06/5  rDev +3%

A: Pale yellow, fairly hazy with a bright white head that hung around for a minute or so.
S: Getting a bunch of ginger up front and some sweetness from the wheat in the background. I think I'm smelling some cardamom and maybe some lemon.
T: Once again, ginger up front, some sweetness from the wheat and I'm picking up some lemongrass. Not over the top in spice.
M: Light and refreshing. Fairly carbonated, finished dry.
O: It was really hard not to chug this beer. To me, it's perfect for the hot weather we've been having in MA lately. It was very similar to the Ginger and Juice Jack's puts out, but less "spicy".

3.87/5  rDev -1.8%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

Was at the brewery for the 2nd Anniversary Lager when I noticed a few bottles of Murphy's 6.15 in the bottom of the cooler. Bottle indicates it was brewed for the guests of Sonia and David's wedding. So maybe it was some leftovers ;)

Appearance: very light, golden color
Smell: The chamomile leads the way, as it reminds me of the hot tea my wife drinks in the winter. Also citrus tones.
Taste: The chamomile and ginger lead the way.
Mouthfeel: silky smooth with light carbonation.
Overall: another solid offering from Jack's Abby, although I'm not sure this is an "official release" from them.

Murphy's 6.15 from Jack's Abby Brewing