Scream Time Action Beer | Thunder Road Brewing Company

thunderroadbrewing.com

Style: Cream Ale

Added by lacqueredmouse on 08-15-2011

3.05/5  rDev 0%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.5

OK, I'll bite: I like the name. Something of a confusing beer, however. The Local Taphouse (where I had it) classified it as a Cream Ale—Thunder Road goes no further than saying it's an "Action Beer", and that they've "thrown the rulebooks and style guides away".

Pours a very clear, bright golden colour with a fine but relatively insubstantial head of white. Good body and look to it. Not bad.

Nose is slightly grainy, with hints of green, sweaty organics. A bit of faint underripe honeydew melon. Very bland, but not unpleasant, again.

Taste is odd, with a woody funk of Pride of Ringwood, mingled with some softer notes of vanilla. Over all this is a strange meatiness of flavour, almost like rotisserie chicken. A slight cleansing bitterness comes through on the back, but it's slightly unsavoury, like a generic Aussie Pale Ale, or (god-forbid) macro lager. Clean enough to drink, but you feel a bit dirty doing so.

A rather inauspicious start for Thunder Road in my book. I hear tell that this was just a batch of beer brewed to test out their equipment. I hope their regular range is more exciting.

Scream Time Action Beer from Thunder Road Brewing Company