KB Grand Cru 2011 | Kolding Bryglaug

koldingbryglaug.dk

Style: American Wild Ale

Added by Mora2000 on 09-18-2011

3.88/5  rDev 0%

[I have heard that this beer began life as a cranberry-infused quadrupel which was then soured.]

Thanks to bu11zeye for sharing this bottle.

The beer pours a brown-orange color with a large tan head. The aroma is somewhat odd, as I have come to expect from the Kolding sours I have tried. I get some toffee and chocolate notes, as well as some nuttyness and some dark fruit - cherries and cranberries. There is also a strong Pepsi aroma to the beer but I have no idea where that is coming from.

The flavor is more of the same. I get some tart cranberry notes as well as some chocolate and dry cocoa powder. The nuttyness from the aroma is also present in the flavor. The tartness is not that strong yet, probably because the beer is this year's vintage.

Medium mouthfeel and medium carbonation.

KB Grand Cru 2011 from Kolding Bryglaug