Extreme Beer Fest:Los Angeles

Learn more...
Introducing: Project Extreme Brewing (a Dogfish Head + BeerAdvocate project)

Lillehammer Brewery Stout | Lillehammer Bryggeri AS

Style: Irish Dry Stout

Added by TheDeuce on 10-30-2011

Reviews by TheDeuce:
1.6/5  rDev 0%

Lillehammer Brewery Stout….on tap at Lillehammer Brewery in Lillehammer Norway.

Appearance-poured into a normal pint glass, leaving behind a two finger tan head that rises and falls quickly.

Smell-off malt flavor, smoky, burnt bread, hops and a frayed bacterial scent in the carbonation.

Taste/Mouthfeel-at the beginning a decent mix of chocolate malt, on the back end a bunch of skunky off flavors that ruin the whole experience. Tastes like maybe this batch was unfinished or the yeast died off too quickly to make enough beer. Truly awful.

Overall-bad, avoid. I hope this was just a bad batch and I let them know. I’m not trying to be a jerk, since I’m a homebrewer and have had my share of misses, but this beer should not have been served.

Lillehammer Brewery Stout from Lillehammer Bryggeri AS