General Pilsner | Liquid Hero Brewery

liquidhero.com

Style: German Pilsner

Added by woodychandler on 09-07-2017

3.92/5  rDev +6.2%

As a part of New Rock & Roll Beer (& Other Stuff) Sunday (Week 690), Part Deux, I am simply giving a run-through to a buncha glassware that I recently acquired. It doesn't hurt that PA has a deep German heritage & we know how to brew Lagers, going 'way back. I am more of a fan of Saaz hops-driven Czech Pilsners, but much of my glassware is German, so it all works out. Plus, it gives me an excuse to further The CANQuest (tm). ;=)

From the CAN: "Light in color with a clean crisp body, this German style Pilsner features Hallertauer Hersbruker Noble hops for a unique floral aroma. This Pilsner goes great with any activity from mowing the lawn to 5 star dinners."; "Good Beer [recycles] Good Earth".

The Crack!of the vent was nice & loud & so I celebrated with a slow, gentle Glug into my tiny 0.2L glass, awaiting its inaugural voyage with me. An in-glass swirl raised a finger of fizzy, foamy, bone-white head with moderate retention that still left behind some lacing to go along with a wispy film. Color was Yellow-Gold (SRM = 4 - 5) with NE-quality clarity, providing the impetus for a visit from The Gelt Gang of Mammon, Croesus & Midas for the first time today! Nose had a pronounced crackery/biscuity presence underlain by a light grassiness. Mmm. Mouthfeel was light, ethereal, about what I want and/or expect in the style. The taste was more bitter than I had anticipated, based on the nose. It had a lemony, grassy flavor underlain by the same biscuitiness that I noted on the nose. Lemon biscotti from Enrico's, anyone? The only thing is that I associate hop-forward Pilsners with the Czech style & malt-forward with the German style. Still, this was a VERY clean, well-attenuated, well-made Pilsner. Finish was dry, clean, refreshing & definitely a CANdidate for this Summer's cooler while working on my yard. Bravo!

3.37/5  rDev -8.7%
look: 4 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A thanks to the man who added this beer, woodychandler, for this beer. Poured from a 12 oz. can. Has a light golden color with a 1 inch head. Smell is mild, some lemons. Taste is grains, lemons, mild malts, easy drinking. Feels medium bodied in the mouth and overall is a decent beer.

3.77/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Had this on 2017-12-16 at Columbia Kettle Works on a guest tap.

Very nice. Good amount of Pilsner malt and Noble hop flavors.

General Pilsner from Liquid Hero Brewery